The Gazette Golf Tournament – Rules, Terms and Conditions
Notes: Matches must be completed by the stated date. The organisers will not extend dates under any circumstances, nor will they take into consideration your holiday or business dates. Eliminating rounds will include at least three weekends in the period for each round.
Each round draw is normally published on a Wednesday in The Gazette and emailed to participants.
For further information or advice please call the golf hotline on (01253) 361893.
You must keep us advised of any handicap change and you must inform your opponent before play begins.
IF IN DOUBT ABOUT ANY MATTER, SEEK CLARIFICATION BEFORE PLAY.
How To Enter: Your can enter by phone on the golf hotline above, or by entry coupon which will be printed in The Gazette and at blackpoolgazette.co.uk or from your local golf club. Please ensure you provide an email address if you have one, as any correspondence will be by email wherever possible.
You will receive a copy of the rules, which will acknowledge that we have accepted your entry. Late entries not accepted. Please read the rules below.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering, all players are deemed to have accepted all the rules. A competitor may submit an entry for himself, he may not submit entries for other persons. Entries will only be accepted on the official entry form and with the correct remittance. No photocopies accepted. No entry limit.
- ELIGIBILITY: The tournament is open to any male amateur golfer (except employees of The Gazette, Airport Transfer Group or Blacktax taxis), who are 17 years of age or over on April 12th 2020 and who is a member, with a certified and active handicap, at one of the following clubs; Knott End, Fleetwood, Poulton, North Shore, Blackpool Park, St Annes Old Links, Green Drive, Staining, Fairhaven, Royal Lytham and Herons Reach
- HANDICAPS: All rounds of the tournament will be decided over 18 holes match play with ¾ the difference on all current active handicaps to apply. The handicap limit of 20 will apply to players’ handicap above that figure. If a match is all square after 18 holes, it will continue, starting at hole one, with strokes being given where due until one player wins a hole, which will decide the match. Subject to the above each player will, at every stage, play off his latest club handicap. Players must immediately notify the organisers of any change of club handicap.
- DRAW: The draw for each round will be published in The Gazette and on our website. The first man drawn in each pairing will be the home player.
- MATCH ARRANGEMENTS: It is condition of entry that all players must be capable of being contacted DIRECT by telephone (`MESSAGES ONLY` NUMBERS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE). The HOME player must contact his opponent within FOUR DAYS (including Sunday) of the draw being published and offer him THREE DATES to play. Failure to do so may result in the match being awarded to the away player. If the away player cannot accept any of the dates offered, then both may try for a further mutually convenient date.
NOTE: If an offered date is a weekday (Mon – Fri) the match may not start before 6pm unless mutually agreed. Where no mutually acceptable date can be arranged the HOME player may claim the match.
- CONDUCT: Competitors are expected to ARRANGE and conduct all matches in a spirit of ‘Fair play’, making every effort to agree dates and times. Any instance of ungentlemanly conduct or undesirable behaviour may result in a player being disqualified.
- VENUES: Matches must be played on the course nominated by the HOME player on his entry form and must be the club where he holds his handicap certificate. If he changes his club he must inform The Gazette immediately. The match must be played from the `Tee of the day’, but if this is not designated then the visitor’s tee must be used. WHERE GREEN FEES ARE DUE, THE LOSER PAYS.
- RESULT: Matches must be played before the specified closing date in every round. NO EXTENSION OF TIME WILL BE GIVEN. It is the WINNER`S responsibility to notify The Gazette of the result, by phone or email. If a player is not ready to commence play within 30 minutes of the agreed times, his opponent may claim the match.
- DISPUTES: All matters of disputes, whether of golf or of the rules, must be referred to The Gazette at once and CONFIRMED IN WRITING. The organisers’ decisions will be final and binding.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: We will acknowledge receipt of your entry and enclose a copy of the rules, which we advise you to carry these with you to your matches. A copy of the rules will be sent to each club secretary. Your contact details will be placed on a directory which will be circulated to all participating golfers. Please delete this on termination of the tournament.
A PLAYER QUALIFYING FOR ANY OF THE FINAL ROUNDS, WHO FAILS TO ATTEND AND PLAY HIS MATCH WILL FORFEIT ANY PRIZE DUE TO HIM.
- By entering this competition, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions. The Gazette reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate terms and conditions at any time.
PLAYERS SHOULD SEEK CLARIFICATION BEFORE PLAY, IN THE EVENT OF DOUBT ON ANY MATTER.